Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Journal of a Challenge Day 6 Ride 5

Whittier Trail with Dan Marazon : Night Thuggin'

Yo Double Dub cehcking in
Late Friday night ride had me driving to Whittier. Plan was to meet up with Dan at six, in Double time that meant 7:30. So having carve the route before, we figured we were cool to carve in the dark. With our CV's lit up, we went to take the night. I got to say it, It was a really fun ride! Carving it the dark was an amazing experience. I can't describe how it was, I think Dan said it like we were floating. Being guided by our lights and memory of the trail, we sailed through like a couple of fireflies playing in the meadow.
During the Daylight, I would recommend this route for any skill level but be prepared to carve on the street. There are also joggers and cyclist who use the trail. I believe Dan had a ride out here before. The trail is wide and smooth. Just use caution when crossing intersections. 

1 comment:

  1. "Fireflies playing in the meadow" - good description, Dan

    ReplyDelete