Friday, September 27, 2013

Waving the White Flag ...

Day 27 Windy Marathon in the South Bay.
The third straight day of carving distance. Was trying to remember what the Trikke Endurance Master, Trikkenut, once told us. "It's all about finding a comfortable pace!" Not having a lot of recovery time from last night's twenty, my foot was still sore. Finding a pace and rhythm was harder to do than I thought. With the winds we were facing, fatigue and pain set in pretty quickly. But for us, it was twenty-six miles or bust.
This is a shot of Way's GPS. I had to add this to my reading of 21.02. My phone had run out out it's battery due to the amount of times I had to stop and rest my foot. 26.34 miles on the day. 953.35 miles for the So Cal Mileage Challenge.
 

Before the day started, I knew I wasn't going to meet my challenge of hitting a thousand miles in September. Even though it's an LSM (Last Saturday/Sunday of the Month) weekend, my days were already planned. Saturday is my friend's Birthday and we are headed to Long Beach for the "Old School Japanese Car Show"! On Sunday, It's Basketball League with my nephews. There wasn't going to be enough energy for me to carve up any of the 46.45 miles needed. The thought of carving all 46 miles on Monday is a little lofty for me to consider especially with my foot not being 100%.
Thanks for every one's support. Hope you Step Up and challenge yourself.
Carve the Day! Thug every Moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment