Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Challenge remains ...Five Days left!

At first, it was twenty miles per day for thirteen days. That quickly changed to two hundred sixty miles in thirty days. Currently at 891.01 miles, It's hard to think I'll cover a hundred and nine miles before the end of the month. Having carved only nine times this month, I'm surprised that I'm as close as I am.

I've got to thank the support I had to get me to get up and out to carve. Way-Chung Wong with whom I carved 25 plus miles on our "Carv-athon" route. Dan Marazon in his Whittier route where we did 16 miles. Since then I have only carve three times, a twenty on my birthday, an awesome buddy ride in the valley/Orange Line Route where we grabbed twenty-five, and a quick six from today.

Sidelined with an injury and some personal issues, I put myself in a position I haven't experienced before. I didn't want to "Step Up"! Let me expand on that, I didn't want to do anything! I pretty much locked myself into my room. I totally forgot what it was that I truly needed to breakout! I needed friends. I needed some fun! And I needed to "Step Up" and Carve!!! I needed my So Cal Carvers.

The "Buddy Ride" we had was a discovery ride for most of us. It is the local ride for two of our carvers,  Debbie Bumgardner and Ariel Jardines. Ten Carvers showed up and it was a super fun ride. It was awesome carving together again!

To be a hundred plus miles off with five days remaining in the month is shocking. When I consider how I was feeling a week ago. Still having some trouble but I'm a lot strong now. I'm amazed that I still have a shot at completing my challenge and reaching my goal. Hitting a thousand miles in my Endomondo Challenge, I believe will set me up for next year.

Will I complete my goal and hit a thousand miles? We'll find out in a few short days. I'm sure going to try. What I did do was rediscover my passion for the carve. I just need to remember this when my world gets shaky, I need to get rokkin'. This is truly my therapy of choice. If you're still learning, I hope you seek out a trainer or carver to help you. If you can't find one, I hope you keep at it. The payoff is too awesome to let your Trikke sit in the garage. As a friend put "get hooked"!

No comments:

Post a Comment